and her favorite weight yarn is lace weight.
3K Club Perk – Attention 3 K Club Members:
This is the last week to get 20% off artyarns Silk Pearl, Silk Ribbon or Karabella’s Terrain and receive the “All Tied Up!” pattern free. You still have time to knit this unique gift up for the special man in your life for Father’s Day!
>I cannot believe that this is the last week of May, that Tiffany has worked her last day before she starts on her new life adventure, and we celebrate Memorial Day on Monday!! Time really does fly when I am having fun – and I have been having lots of fun looking at the new fall yarns. And that is another reason to have even more super deals this last week of May – I need shelf room for the new fall yarns! So – this week I have addeds bags of deals!! If you loved the 3KO days, then you are sure to love the added deals by the bags as well as 20% off and double points on many yarns !
MAY 25 THRU MAY 31 ONLY
Double Points & 20% off yarns listed below & books & patterns specific to the yarns:
ALL 22 NEEDFUL YARNS
• KATHMANDU DK & ARAN
>Sadly, this is my last blog entry for 3 Kittens Mews. Today is my last day at the shop, as I am moving to Winston-Salem, North Carolina next weekend. I’m moving to be with my girlfriend, and I am excited for this new chapter of my life, but also sad to be moving away from such a great area, and so many knitting friends. However, I did manage to find myself a job at a yarn shop down there! If you are in the area, please come see me at Knit Picky!
It has been fantastic to be able to be part of such a great team at 3K. My unending thanks to Cis, Laura and Julie, for taking me on in the first place, and giving me this great opportunity – I’ve learned SO MUCH and enjoyed it all.
To the entire 3K staff – I thank you so much for the laughs and learning that we’ve had together. It’s been wonderful to see and make these great changes to the store over the last 18+ months. I’m sure it will only continue to get better!! (And I can’t wait to come back and visit, and see what else changes!)
Now when I have a knitting or shop question, I have to think – WWJD? (What Would JANINE Do?)
I have enjoyed meeting all of you, and make so many great knitting friends! I hope I’ve been helpful and that you have learned from me, as I have learned from you. Please keep in touch – my personal blog is listed at the right of this blog, and I’m committed to keeping it more updated, once I get settled.
Thanks especially to these 3 ladies, who were in my very first knitting class I ever taught, and have stuck with me through all of my “Scarf Style” classes – it has been so much fun, and I will miss you!
Happy knitting, crocheting, needlepointing, and all other creative things,
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 11 dc into ring, join with slip st into 3rd of ch 3 (or you can use the magic ring method with 12 dc in the ring) 12 dc
- Round 2: Ch 3, *[2 dc, 1 tr] into next dc, [1 tr, 2 dc] into next dc, ** 1 dc into next dc; rep from * twice and from * to ** once, sl st into 3rd of ch 3
- Round 3: Ch 3, 2 dc, *[2 dc, 1tr] into next tr, [1 tr, 2 dc] into next tr, ** 5 dc; rep from * twice and from * to ** once, 2 dc, sl st into 3rd of ch 3
- Round 4: Ch 3, 4 dc, *[2dc, 1tr] into next tr [1 tr, dc] into next tr, ** 9 dc; rep from * twice and from * to ** once, 4 dc, sl st into 3rd of ch 3
- Continue in pattern: At the corners, in the previous row’s 2 tr, you will always do [2 dc, 1 tr] into 1st tr, then [1 tr, 2 dc] into the 2nd tr.