We have been very busy at the shop the last few weeks. There have been new yarns coming in every few days. I will write more about those on another day…
The big news is the store is going to begin carrying Rowan in the store. I know there are a lot of people who have been waiting for this day to come (I know I have!) and in order to celebrate this big day; we are going to have a big event. This weekend (August 28 – 30) we are asking everyone to come in and check out the Rowan. We will be getting in the following items.
- Cocoon – Bulky weight, solid (80% merino wool & 20% mohair)
- Drift – Bulky weight, multi-color (100% merino wool)
- Felted Tweed – DK weight, tweed (50% merino wool, 25% alpaca, 25% viscose)
- Rowan Magazine – Fall 2010 and Fall 2009
- Pattern Books – for “Drift”, and several Kim Hargreaves books
There will be the following Rowan Weekend Specials!
- Receive a FREE Rowan pattern book with the purchase of 10 skeins of Rowan yarn:
- Select titles, while supplies last
- Any combination of Rowan Yarns, in-stock or special order
- Special Order any color or any amount of Kid Silk Haze (70% kid mohair, 30% silk) – delivery in December
- Special Order any current Rowan Yarn – full bags only
Enter our Rowan Weekend Door Prize Drawing for a fabulous Kid Silk Haze Kit.
>Bring your knitting, crocheting or needlepoint and join us outside in the new Target Field at this year’s Stitch N’ Pitch. This year it is taking place on Sunday, September 19th at 1:10 pm. The Twins will be taking on the Oakland A’s.
Tickets cost $17 each; the seats will be in the Right Field Bleacher section. We have
25 19 16 tickets left so hurry in and reserve your spot.
We would also like to know if you are interested in taking a shuttle with other 3K people. If there is enough interest, we will hire one. Last year it cost $15 per person and it would probably be close to that again.
We have finally completed inventory. It was a long haul, but well worth the effort.
We finished just in time to welcome new yarn into the shop.
Here are two new yarns that came in this week.
Schulana’s Mosco it is 67% Rayon, 20% Mohair, 13% Nylon and it has 137 yards per 25 gram ball. It is shiny and fluffy at the same time, plus the colors are scrumptious. It would be great for fall garments or dressy accessories.
Gedifra’s Aneja is 50 % Polyamide, 30 % Mohair, 20 % Merino Wool and it has 120 yds per 50 gram ball. It is a worsted weight yarn. It is lovely and has some fantastic colors. It would make a great sweater.
We have some wonderful patterns for both of these yarns.
We also have received new colors of Noro Silk Garden, Kureyon and Silk Garden Sock and a new Noro pattern book.
In the Needlepoint world, there is a new trunk show in the house. We just received in many great canvases by Danji. Come in and check it out before it is gone.
They will only be here until 8/20.