I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately. Something to do with being laid up after knee surgery, I guess. And one of the things I’ve been thinking about is “who is our customer?” I think I have a basic idea. But it’s funny how the picture I get ends up looking a lot like … me. So, I’m hoping to get your – our customer’s – input.
- Likes to make things for other people (e.g., gifts)
- Will pay full price, but can’t pass up a deal
- Prefers to work with high quality items
- Is always willing to learn a new technique
- Generally has several projects going at once (one mindless – t.v. watching, one complicated, one that they really don’t want to do but feel needs to be done)
- Likes to stitch/knit/crochet with other people and talk
- Responds to beauty – colors, textures
- Time is at a premium – there’s never enough of it!
You will probably have noticed that I didn’t put in any traditional demographic info (e.g., age, sex, income, etc). There are so many exceptions in our environment, that I’ve just avoided pigeonholing in that way.
So, what would you like to add to the list?