To celebrate February as Go Red month, the American Heart Association and the Mall of America want to cover the sign on the corner of 24th and Lyndale in yarn.
How you can help:
- If you have any scarfs or crochet pieces that you would be OK donating that are a shade of red in any size we would take them
- If you have any red yarn laying around we need pieces knit or crocheted that are about 1.5 feet wide and 2-6 feet in length
- Patterns – can be straight knit or crochet or if you can incorporate hearts into it, even better!
- Below is a link to a free small stuffed red heart pattern. We thought we could string them together or tack them to the project for a little flair.
- Any red or white notions you have lying around would be a wonderful asset to keep the project interesting and appealing to the eye.
- Can only crochet a chain? No problem! To help hold everything together we need single crochet chains at 6-8 feet long
- We need the pieces by Monday, February 2nd at the end of the day in order to start sewing them together for the big MOA letters.
- Pieces can be accepted as late as Wednesday, February 4th and we can make arrangements for pick up if needed
If you would like to help with the installation or removal of the yarn bomb, please contact Diane Muenchow at email@example.com.