Last year, 3 Kittens launched our Giving Back program to provide a way for 3 Kittens to support local charitable efforts. We are happy to announce that our first event, a Featured Item Fundraiser, is happening this weekend! From Friday April 1 through Sunday April 3, any time a customer purchases Berroco Comfort (available in DK, worsted and chunky weights) or Berroco Vintage (available in worsted and chunky weights), 3 Kittens will donate 20% of the purchase price to the Culver’s Knitwits of Coon Rapids.
About the Knitwits
The Culver’s Knitwits consists of volunteers who gather to knit and crochet items that are delivered to a variety of charitable organizations. In January, the group celebrated 13 years of weekly Tuesday gatherings at the Culver’s in Coon Rapids. Through December 2015, the Culver’s Knitwits have donated 30,037 items! That is an amazing accomplishment. Check out this story that Coon Rapids Cable did on the Knitwits.
Here are a few of the charities the Knitwits have donated to and the types of items donated:
- Alexandra House (a shelter for victims of domestic or sexual abuse) – hats, mittens, scarves, afghans, slippers, socks, children’s sweaters, dish cloths, wash cloths
- Head Start (preschool age children)- hats and mittens
- St. Vincent de Paul (Basilica; primarily serving homeless men) – hats, mittens, scarves, socks
- Anoka County Free Store (Brotherhood Council) – hats, mittens, scarves for all ages; children’s sweaters, afghans
- Virginia Piper Cancer Center – chemo hats, shawls, slippers
- Bundles of Love – baby sweaters, hats, booties and baby blankets
- SACA (Southern Anoka County Assistance; serving families in need) – hats, mittens, scarves, sweaters
- Bridgeview-Lee Carlson Center (serving clients with mental health issues) – hats, mittens, scarves, afghans
- Source Ministries (serving teens, homeless, the urban poor) – hats, mittens, scarves, socks
- Hope for Youth (serving homeless teens) – hats and mittens
- Cherry Creek Indian Reservation (through Unity North spiritual group) – hat/mitten/scarf sets and some shawls for Christmas gifts
How can you help?
Purchase any quantity of Berroco Comfort DK, Comfort, Comfort Chunky, Vintage, or Vintage Chunky during the fundraiser (April 1-3), and 3 Kittens will donate 20% of the purchase price to the Culver’s Knitwits.