We’re really excited about the new Knit-A-Long that The Fibre Co (aka, Kelbourne Woolens) is having! It’s going to be a Year of Mittens!! How great is that? Even if you don’t personally need 12 pairs of mittens, you probably know enough people who could use a pair or two – or you can give them to a charity.
Here are the details:
- Kelbourne Woolens will release one pattern per month on the 1st of the month. You can buy single patterns – or you can buy a subscription. If you opt for the subscription ($28.00), you’ll get the pattern delivered to you each month automatically via email and Ravelry. Kelbourne Woolens says:
There will be classic cables, interesting colorwork, and unique lace applications, all with a heavy dose of classic inspiration and historical information. Any new techniques will come with detailed photographs and clear step-by-step instructions conveniently linked in the pattern to our Tips and Tricks page.
- The yarn used for the patterns is The Fibre Co Cumbria Fingering, a merino wool, masham wool, and mohair blend that is oh-so-lovely to knit.
3 Kittens, of course, has put a little extra spin on Kelbourne Woolens plans to make it even more special for our customers! Purchase your Year of Mittens subscription from 3 Kittens, and we will give you 10% off your purchase each month of the Cumbria Fingering to make one pair of mittens (using that month’s pattern or a different pattern of your choice).
And, even if you don’t purchase a subscription from 3 Kittens, when you finish one of the pairs of mittens in the Year of Mittens, you can get entered into one of three drawings for a $20 gift card to 3 Kittens. There are two ways to enter:
- Bring your finished pair of mittens into 3 Kittens. We’ll take a photograph and post it to our Facebook page and our Instagram account.
- Post a picture of your finished pair of mittens to our Ravelry page.
We’ll be holding drawings in December, March , and August. See Rules below.
We hope you join us for the Year of Mittens!
- Entries must be made with The Fibre Co Cumbria Fingering
- Proof of purchase showing that yarn was purchased from 3 Kittens is required – proof can be established with either a receipt or the yarn label with our price tag
- You can receive up to two entries per pair of finished mittens by –
- Bringing in a finished pair to the store and allowing us to post a photo of the finished mittens to our Instagram and Facebook accounts
- Posting a photo of the finished photo to our Ravelry page
- Posts to our Ravelry page must include the following information to qualify –
- Photo must include the pair of mittens, not just a single mitten
- Post must include a photo of the receipt or yarn label to verify proof of purchase
- Post must include the name of the person who finished the mittens (Ravelry avatar is not sufficient)
- Drawings will be held in –
- December 2016 for mittens finished between August and November 30
- March 2017 for mittens finished between December 1 and February 28
- August 2017 for mittens finished between March 1 and July 31
- If a person opts to make more than one pair of the same mitten pattern in the same color, in order to get an entry for each pair it must be presented with the other identical pairs. (In other words, we must have proof that we are not seeing the same pair of mittens multiple times.)